Our Lady Queen of Angels (3)
Twelfth century Cistercian monastery (principal entrance to the cloister, west side) photographed in situ, one of 32 photographs of the original structure and details.
Provenance: Founded in 1141 by Alfonso VII, village of Sacramenia; purchased by William Randolph Hearst in 1925 through Arthur Byne for $40,000; dismantled and shipped to Hearst’s warehouse in the Bronx, NY; purchased in 1951 by investors Raymond Moss and William Edgemon for $7,000; shipped to Miami and reassembled by stone mason Allan Carswell; sold by Moss and Edgemon in 1964 to the Episcopal Diocese of South Florida; now known as the Episcopal Parish of St. Bernard de Clairvaux.
Long Island University For information on reproductions for academic publishing or commercial use, contact Digital Initiatives Photo Services, 516-299-3504 or email Post-Digislide@liu.edu.
Photograph, William Randolph Hearst Archive, S/B lot 600, Album 76, p. 24.