Our Lady Queen of Angels (2)
Twelfth century Cistercian monastery (exterior view) photographed in situ, one of 32 photographs of the original structure and details.
Provenance: Founded in 1141 by Alfonso VII, village of Sacramenia; purchased by William Randolph Hearst in 1925 through Arthur Byne for $40,000; dismantled and shipped to Hearst’s warehouse in the Bronx, NY; purchased in 1951 by investors Raymond Moss and William Edgemon for $7,000; shipped to Miami and reassembled by stone mason Allan Carswell; sold by Moss and Edgemon in 1964 to the Episcopal Diocese of South Florida; now known as the Episcopal Parish of St. Bernard de Clairvaux.
Long Island University For information on reproductions for academic publishing or commercial use, contact Digital Initiatives Photo Services, 516-299-3504 or email Post-Digislide@liu.edu.
Photograph, William Randolph Hearst Archive, S/B lot 600, Album 76, p. 3a.